The ACCORD Project was launched pursuant to a decision of the Quebec government Cabinet in April 2002.
As a priority action for the government to develop the economies of rural Quebec, this initiative:
- is based on theorganizationand themobilizationof the business community;
- builds on regional strengthsandthepursuit of excellencein key sectors of Quebec;
- capitalizes on forging alliances and industrial networksbetween participants of the same economic sector.
Objectives of the ACCORD Project
- Position the regions of Quebec as centres of specific nationally and globally recognized industrial competencies by developing centres of excellence that can become the brand image of the region.
- Increase productivity and favour job creation by focusing on innovation and exporting.
- Contribute to the emergence of keystone economic projects in the regions of Quebec.
- Encourage the creation of intra- and inter-regional industry networks.
Advantages for Businesses
The ACCORD Project encourages:
- development of a strategy and an action plan that meets the needs of businesses within the same economic sector;
- networking and partnerships between businesses of the cluster for projects related to:
- market development;
- research and innovation;
- maximization of the benefits of branding thecluster in Quebec and abroad;
- easy access to expertise, support services and strategic information;
- closer collaboration with technological R&D sectors;
- access to a qualified labour force thanks to training and development programs, incentives for attracting an external workforce, etc.